by Sheila Macintyre, Practice Owner, Kilbarchan Dental Practice
In the lead up to Christmas we thought it might be useful to highlight some Christmas Gift Ideas as well as to provide some Tips for Looking After Your Teeth over the festive period…
- Electric Toothbrushes make a great gift - from stocking fillers at less than £20 to main presents (if you choose a state-of-the-art option with pressure indicator and smart phone syncing).
- Try to avoid too much Dried Fruit over the festive period (it is one of the main ingredients in Christmas Cake and Mince Pies) as it is high in sugar and coats the teeth in a sugary film.
- Try and eat Nuts or Crudités as a healthier alternative to Crisps and Sweets. Cheese is great too as it helps to neutralise acid.
- Drink lots of Water and if you do partake in other drinks have them with meals.
- Brush your Teeth an hour after eating and avoid snacking too much between meals.
- You may want to consider a course of Teeth Whitening in the lead up to Christmas and the New Year to look your best - this can also make a more imaginative Christmas Gift (initial consultation required).
- Don’t leave a Visit to the Dentist until the last minute, we get very busy at this time of year and it can be difficult to get an appointment.
- If you need Emergency/Out of Hours treatment contact NHS 24 on 111.
Most importantly Have A Great Christmas!
From all at Kilbarchan Dental Practice.
If you have any queries about any areas of dental health visit us at Kilbarchan Dental Practice, call 01505 704969 or click www.kilbarchandental.co.uk where you’ll find lots more free tips and advice.