It’s that time of year when we hope for some great weather and a summer full of entertainment for kids and grown-ups alike. In this month’s issue, we have a varied mix with events on land and water, and hopefully something that will appeal to everyone.
Some of these events date back many years and are steeped in history, others are more recent additions to the calendar. They run like clockwork – weather permitting. All thanks to a small army of volunteers who give of their time to gather in the wee dark hours of the winter to plan, organise and fundraise.
Perhaps you feel that you would like to get involved and be a part of our local annual events. Your involvement will be rewarding for yourself and the area, so why not become a part of your local community and offer your services.
Here is just a small sample of what’s coming, with more details in our ‘What’s On’ section:
- 29 April: Rotary Club of Gryffe Valley 10K
- 06 May: Push the Boat Out at Castle Semple Loch
- 12 May: Kilmacolm & Port Glasgow Agricultural Show (Knapps Show)
- 12 May: Houston & Killellan Kirk Carnival
- 13 May: Mad Hatters Tea Party at Finlaystone
- 13 May: Gourock Highland Games
- 19 May: British Pipe Band Championships
- 27 May: Erskine Motorbike Meet
- 02 June: Lilias Day, Kilbarchan
- 02 June: Houston Agricultural Show
- 09 June: Bridge of Weir Gala Day
- 16 June: Kilbarchan Agricultural Show
- 16 June: CarFest at St Vincent Hospice
- 28 July: Erskine Classic Car Show
Apologies if we’ve missed any. We keep our website and Facebook/Twitter pages up to date with events and news, so please ‘like’ us, ‘follow’ us and bookmark our web page to get the latest information.
The Advertizer is the ideal platform to communicate with your community as we reach over 13,500 homes and businesses in the Gryffe area.
Send your news and photos to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to The Advertizer, Neva Place, Bridge of Weir, PA11 3PN.
Next deadline Friday 18 May!